How to clean a clear phone case? You can dish soap and a cup of warm water (or 240ml) should be combined. Combine the solution. Apply the solution to the phone case and scrub it with a toothbrush. Work your way inside and out, cleaning both the interior and exterior. After rinsing, dry it with a gentle cloth. Continue reading, you will learn six methods to clean cleaner phone cases.
Table of Contents
Clean a Clear Phone Case Quick Way
- By adding a few drops of dish soap to a cup of water, you can make soapy water.
- To clean the phone case, use soapy water and a toothbrush. Make sure you give it a thorough cleaning.
- Rinse your phone case in the sink.
- Before putting your phone in its case, dry it with a soft cloth and allow it to air dry for an hour.
Do All Clear Cases Turn Yellow?
Not all clear cases turn yellow as quickly. Hard, rigid clear cases are not affected by this as much. The silicone cases that are inexpensive, soft, and flexible turn the most yellow over time. This natural aging process is called “material degradation.” It is influenced by a wide range of environmental factors.
Why Do Cases Turn Yellow?
Silicone polymer, which is both affordable and flexible, is typically used to create clear phone cases. This is fantastic if you want to protect your phone while keeping it transparent and affordable. Heat, UV rays, and chemicals, such as the oil and sweat from your skin, are what actually cause the yellowing in these situations.
How to Clean Clear Phone Case?
Cleaning a stained and dirty phone case will help keep it from turning yellow as well. This is because you will get rid of any sweat, oil, or dirt that might be reacting with the silicone polymer and turning it yellow. Cleaning your transparent phone case will also aid in disinfecting it.
Before placing the case back on your phone, don’t forget to make sure it is completely dry.
With Baking Soda
Plastic phone covers can usually be cleaned with baking soda, but not always.
- All over your phone case’s exterior, sprinkle baking soda.
- Make sure to cover the entire phone case as you scrub the baking soda into the stains with a wet toothbrush.
- Rinse your phone case to remove the baking soda.
- To get rid of any remaining baking soda on your phone case, wash it with soapy water. Use a cup of water in a bowl and a few drops of dish soap to accomplish this. Using soapy water and the toothbrush, clean the phone case.
- Wash the case in soapy water, then pat dry with a soft cloth. Before changing the phone case, give yourself at least an hour.
With Dish Soap
Once a week, use dish soap as a cleaning agent to help get rid of any extra oils and chemicals that could be causing your phone case to be yellow.
- 1-2 drops of dish soap and 1 cup of warm water should be combined in a small bowl.
- Make sure to thoroughly clean the phone case by using a toothbrush to scrub it. This covers the case’s exterior, interior, and all crevices and crevices.
- Your phone case should be washed off with running water and dried with a soft cloth. Put your phone back in its case after waiting an hour.
Cleaning and whitening your phone case is a breeze with vinegar and baking soda solution.
- In a little container, put your phone case.
- To the container, add 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 1 cup of white vinegar. To prevent your plastic phone case from floating, you will need to place a small object on top of it.
- Give the phone case a good soak.
- Dry with a soft cloth after rinsing the case under running water. Place the phone case back on your phone after letting it air dry for at least an hour.
With Hydrogen Peroxide
If you must, you can try restoring a browning phone case with hydrogen peroxide. But be careful—it might harm some phone cases. Your case will be cleaned, though.
- Hydrogen peroxide and water should be combined in a small container.
- As soon as you add your phone case, make sure the solution completely covers it.
- Soak your phone case for several hours until it becomes clear.
- Your case should be rinsed and dried with a soft cloth. Restoring your phone to its case after waiting an hour will ensure that the case is completely dry.
With Rubbing Alcohol
For cleaning an iPhone or Android case, rubbing alcohol works wonders. It will also prevent the yellowing of your phone case. However, it might stain some clear cases; therefore, before using the rubbing alcohol on the entire case, double-check with the manufacturer or test it in a discrete area.
- Rubiacetyl alcohol should be put in a spray bottle. You can substitute rubbing alcohol with soaking a soft cloth if you’d like.
- Spraying or rubbing the phone case with the damp cloth will mist or coat it in rubbing alcohol. Ensure that every aspect of the case is covered.
- To remove the rubbing alcohol from your phone case, use a fresh, dry microfiber cloth.
- Before putting your phone back in its case, give it an hour to air dry.
With An Eraser
Try using a rubber eraser to clean your phone case if it’s dirty.
- Scrub at the marks with the eraser as you run it along the side of the phone case to get them off.
- To get the eraser residue off your case, use dish soap.
- Before drying it with a soft cloth, rinse the case under running water. Before reinstalling your case on your phone, make sure it is entirely dry.
Can You Prevent a Phone Case from Yellowing?
Regular cleaning will help prevent the case from becoming yellowed by removing the sweat and oil that your hands have left behind.
In an effort to expedite the process, keep your case away from heat and refrain from using a blow dryer. Your case will turn yellow more quickly as a result of this.
Additionally, avoid direct sunlight as UV can also cause phone cases to turn yellow.
When to Replace a Phone Case?
If your phone case has become yellow or you see cracks or worn material around the edges, you should replace it.
How Often to Clean Your Phone?
At least twice weekly, the phone should be taken out of the case to be cleaned, including the screen. To clean the screen, use an electronic wipe.
Every week, give the phone case a thorough cleaning as well to avoid stains. This will aid in avoiding the case’s fading as well.
When to Get a New Case?
Unfortunately, it’s not just dirt that is causing the yellowing of your phone case. As they age, polymers can turn yellow. Try as you might, your case might not be convincing if it is getting stale. When that occurs, you should start working on a fresh case. This is especially true if you notice any cracks or edge wear in the material.
Conclusion on Clean Clear Phone Case
The best way to restore the clarity of a clear case is to soak your phone case in a solution of vinegar and baking soda for several hours. Remove it from the vinegar and baking soda solution once it has soaked, then rinse it and pat it dry with a soft cloth. You ought to once again have a clear and convincing case.